Monday, April 24, 2006

Cairn of river pebbles


If you are curious about my 24 hours/day for the past 11 days

riding on an Enfield

while embracing Silver

with breezes through my hair

along course single lane roads barely hugging the edge of massive cliffs

leading downward to the Sutlej River

looking upward at the glaciated peaks of Kinner Kailash

through remote untouched Kinnauri mountain villages

eating in local dhabas and speaking Hindu to the lovely people

stopping along the way

anytime

wherever the natural beauty halts us

to revel in the magic of the mountains, rivers and valleys

sitting aside a waterfall…making Israeli coffee and snacking on namkeen and Indian sweets

An adventure to rival most honeymoons in the amazement of both the surrounds

and the connectivity of us both


In my state of overwhelming emotion I find it too personal to mass email many details of the conclusion of my journey…


However, you will NOT believe the photos.

They will tell most stories.

Give it a week or so and I’ll put them online…


My final two weeks of my India travel had me exclusively with Silver and Oryan and no other people to interact with other than the locals. We did pretty much everything together for 11 days straight. For a loner like me this was a challenging test.

I was unable to continue my dance of distance

Running away

Preventing closeness

This was such a good exercise for me and with positive results.

I was blown away and flattered as hell in the first place to have been invited to join them on their adventure that they had been carefully planning for months. But after a few days passed I awaited them to tire of me. One day I felt a surge of insecurity and escaped my perception of scrutiny and dislike by searching through the Sutlej River pebble bed.

My normal response has been to run away.

But I had nowhere to go.

But by their side.

And we all continued to enjoy each other and connect and be happy.

I built a small cairn with some special pebbles I chose to keep.

Balance

Beauty

Strength


Like a tiger


Motorcycle travel in India has revolutionized traveling in India for me.

I’ve only had a taste and I want more…

Silver and Oryan continue on their journey through the Spiti Valley and will be up in the mountains until August. I don’t know if I’ll ever see Silver again…


I am currently in New Delhi and having such a great time. It is amazing the difference between how I feel today and just yesterday. I shed many tears on my 24 hours of travel back to Delhi.

I had mourned the loss of Silver yet I continue to see light.

So here in the now I still am so happy…

How can this be?


I am in a state of flux

My heart is full

Sometimes I cry

I cannot believe in two days I will be in Portland, Oregon.

And this India journey will end.


Any time I want to rest on the feeling of sadness of this loss

I ask myself what I am losing when the light in my life continues

And I am making the choice to shine

No matter the land where my feet touch the earth

No comments: