Tuesday, December 13, 2005

floating


I’m a feather

Light and airy
Flying into the wind coaxed with only a gentle breeze
pausing for a moment to adorn my destination

With only a slight shift I fly
target unknown

sometimes I stay
when the conditions hold me
but
moisture dries
mud cracks and becomes soil
ice melts
glue stays
…but the glue only holds
for so long
until it deteriorates

then I fly

I don’t know where to land
I have little power and
my intention in navigation shifts my course
but mostly allays my curiosity
of the unknown
For I am a whispy feather
surrendering control over to a force
beyond me

here I have stayed
grounded for some time
yet
the ice has begun to melt
I rest in moisture that clings
Clouds are clearing
Sun shining though
Here comes a breeze
I will fly

No comments: